Child Safety Link (CSL) is an injury prevention program dedicated to reducing the incidence and severity of unintentional injury to children and youth in the Maritimes.
How we help
CSL is committed to working with community organizations, governments, and other partners to ensure children are as safe as necessary at home, on the road and at play. The team does this through capacity building and partnerships, communication and public relations, advocacy and healthy public policy, and research and evaluation.
Child Safety Link offers:
- An informational website for parents (including caregivers and families) and professionals (including Family Resource Centre staff, family support workers, teachers, police, etc.)
- Educational materials on topics such as helmet safety, car seat safety, poison prevention, falls prevention—available in downloadable formats and videos through our YouTube channel.
- Car Seat technician and instructor training sessions
- Social media pages on Facebook (@ChildSafetyLinkIWK) and Twitter (@childsafetylink), focusing on the latest in children’s injury prevention news and trends
- A dedicated service to answer your children’s injury prevention-related questions by email or by phone.