IWK staff working from home: Are you trying to access IWK Library electronic resources or library services? Contact library staff at HSLibrary@iwk.nshealth.ca
- DSM 5 (American Psychiatric Association)
- Clinical Key Package (registration at site required for pdf BOOK access, once registered, login for free pdf access)
- PEN Nutrition (Practice-based Evidence in Nutrition)
- Conference Board of Canada e-Library (create a new account using IWK email or sign in to access)
- Nutrition Care Manual (Adult)
- Nutrition Care Manual (Pediatric)
- COVID-19 Resources
- ORNAC Standards (My Library)
- Red Book: 2021-2024 report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases (AAP), 32nd ed., 2021
- Pediatrics in Review
The IWK Health Sciences Library subscribes to more than 3,000 journal titles in electronic and print format.
The IWK Library electronic subscriptions are available institution-wide and are accessible from any computer within the IWK computer network, including from four computer terminals in the Health Sciences Library.
Visit the Health Sciences Library in person, or contact library staff, to learn more about the library's print journal collection, including collections of books, audiovisual, reference and reserve materials in the areas of gynaecologic, reproductive, perinatal, neonatal and pediatric care, management, research and education.
The Health Sciences Library is located on the 2nd (main) floor of IWK Health, on the south side of the Cineplex O.E. Smith theatre.
Hard copy books / audiovisual materials can be borrowed for two week periods. Journals may be borrowed for one week.
Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Services
Staff of the Health Sciences Library can access materials available in other libraries on your behalf. We can arrange for you to borrow materials or obtain copies of journal articles from other library collections.
If you'd like to suggest books, journals, videos, internet resources, or just have general comments to make regarding the IWK Health Sciences Library, please contact Darlene Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-470-6729.
Darlene Chapman, Librarian
Pam Parker, Library Assistant