The Fetal Assessment and Treatment Centre (FATC) helps by providing detailed ultrasounds, prenatal screening, prenatal diagnostic testing, and treatment of your unborn baby, to help improve outcomes. Among these tests are the following:
- First trimester ultrasound/Nuchal Translucency (NT)
- Second/Third Trimester ultrasound
- CVS - chorionic villi sampling
- Screening blood work
How we help
We’re home to specially trained sonographers, nurses, and Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians who are able to check the well-being of your baby. Counselling is an important component of the care provided. We also provide a comprehensive assessment of pregnant patients and their babies.
- Please arrive 15 mins prior to your appointment time and not sooner
- If you are 14 weeks pregnant or under drink 8 ounces (1 cup) of water 30 minutes prior to your appointment time unless otherwise specified
- You may eat and drink normally unless otherwise specified
- Two support persons over the age of 12 may accompany you. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the ultrasound rooms and are not permitted to be left unaccompanied in the waiting room.
*A referral is required for Fetal Assessment*