The Pediatric Complex Pain Clinic is a designed for children and youth (<18 years) who have been living with pain for a significant amount of time. We are a team of health professionals from several disciplines that work together to help you and your child manage chronic or complex pain conditions. Our approach involves various strategies that focus on improving pain management and function (e.g., school, activities, sleep, sports, etc.).
The Pediatric Complex Pain Clinic is a multidisciplinary clinic, which means we have health professionals from several disciplines who work together to help you and your child. Our team includes:
- Clinical nurse specialists
Any general booking, scheduling or referral questions can be directed through the administrative assistant.
Telephone: 902-470-6802, press 1
- Referrals must be sent by a physician/pediatrician/nurse practitioner.
- Upon receipt of referral, your practitioner will be notified.
- You will receive a letter with an appointment date/time in the mail closer to date of appointment (time between clinic receipt of referral and appointment date may vary depending on waitlist)
- You will need to confirm your appointment with administrative assistant 902-470-6802 press 1.
Your First Appointment
Your first appointment with the pediatric complex pain team will take 2-3 hours. Despite the name, "Pain Clinic", we do not perform any painful procedures at these appointments!
Reminders prior to your first visit:
- Arrive 15 minutes early (please allow time for parking issues/traffic).
- You may be asked to fill out questionnaires about your pain
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring all medications you are currently taking (or a list of all medication including dosages).
At this appointment you will meet our entire team together. We will ask questions about your pain such as:
- When did your pain start?
- Where do you feel the pain?
- What makes pain better/worse?
- What treatments have you tried?
- How is pain impacting your life (sleep, mood, school, activity)?
*There will be designated time for patient and caregiver to meet individually with team members.
You will leave this initial visit with a plan that may include:
- Individual appointment follow up with the physiotherapist and/or psychologist.
- Pain management/coping strategies/exercises
- Prescription for medication
- Follow up plan (i.e. team appointment, referral)