The Core Program offers adults and post-secondary students the opportunity to volunteer throughout the year.
If you’d like more information on volunteer opportunities or have any questions about volunteering at IWK Health, please contact Randi Turner at email@example.com or 902-470-6692.
We do receive a high volume of emails and voice messages every day, so though we try to respond quickly, we appreciate your patience and understanding if there is a delay.
- A minimum once per week shift is required for a period of at least 6 months. This will be scheduled for the same day and time each week and will range from 2 to 3 hours, depending on the role.
- Because most patient programming happens during the day, we have a greater need for daytime volunteers.
- Evening and weekend opportunities are extremely limited.
- Many factors are considered when matching volunteers to a placement. These include availability, interests, skills, and experience.
- All new volunteer must complete a health centre orientation. Staff in placement areas provide additional training and support.
- Complimentary parking is available for volunteer shifts.
- Opportunities do not include job shadowing experiences.