Clinic is now closed
If you have questions about appointments, transportation, clinic locations and types of vaccines, visit the Nova Scotia Government’s COVID-19 website.
Vaccination Resources for Youth & Families
Comfort Promise: IWK Health Covid-19 Vaccine Toolkit
This toolkit contains resources for parents and caregivers of children aged 5 to11 years who will be receiving their COVID-19 vaccine. Using this toolkit will provide you with ways to reduce your child's needle-associated fears and pain.
- IWK Health Comfort Promise Toolkit (.pdf)
- Boîte à outils du IWK Health pour le vaccin contre la COVID-19 (.pdf)
- مجموعة أدوات لقاح كوفيد-19 من مركز آي دبليو كي الصحي (.pdf)
Pregnant or Breastfeeding
VaxRecordNS allows citizens with a Nova Scotia health card, to access their official record of vaccinations using the website. The initial release of VaxRecordNS contains COVID-19 vaccine records and vaccinations related to the School Program for all schools in Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Routine Immunization Schedules
- For Children, Youth & Adults (.pdf)
COVID-19 Vaccine Safety for Youth
- COVID-19 vaccine for children (Canadian Pediatric Society)
- Vaccines and immunization (Public Health Agency of Canada)
- Vaccine Safety (Immunize Canada)
Needle Phobia Help
- Nervous about needles? (IWK Health/Nova Scotia Health)
- Needles don't have to hurt (Immunize Canada)
- Needle Pain Management for Vaccinations & More (SKIP - Solutions for Kids in Pain)
- SKIP - Solutions for Kids in Pain
- Needle Distraction Puzzles (IWK Health/Nova Scotia Health)
- Managing Needle Anxiety: Strategies for Supporting Your Child Through Injections and Bloodwork (IWK Health)
How to talk about vaccination